Business Development Representative
|Skills||Sales, Account Management, Cold Calling|
Basemap is a fast-growing company at the forefront of digital mapping and transport solutions. Our software enables the calculation of travel times over road networks using different modes of transport, such as cars, cycles, or walking, and combined with information on public transport timetables, such as trains and buses, gives complete and accurate data on travel for consumers, businesses, and transport organisations.
This is a new business role where you will be responsible for researching, developing, and targeting new clients, as well as managing client relationships within the UK and internationally.
To be successful in this role, you must have at least 5 years’ sales experience and be able to demonstrate your sales methodology and proven success.
Your primary duties will be, but are not limited to:
- Generating sales growth through identifying new business opportunities.
- Providing an accurate pipeline and forecast.
- Maintaining client contact information within CRM.
- Act as an ambassador for Basemap.
- Attending UK and international exhibitions.
- Maintain an understanding of Basemap’s technology and be able to articulate Basemap’s value propositions to customers.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience, generating new business.
- A complete understanding of the sales cycle process, covering all stages from prospecting to closing deals.
- Ability to sell complex technology and solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to headhunt and approach new leads with a proven track record of achieving and surpassing sales targets.
- Self-motivated, driven, and results-oriented with a strong hunting mentality.
- Willingness and ability to travel
What you can expect in return:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 after 3 years.
- Flexible hours including early finish Fridays.
- Hybrid working, currently 2 days WFH per week.
- 5% company pension scheme.
- Simply Health Plan.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Free parking with electric charging points.
- Regular social events.
This role is full-time and based at our offices at the Surrey Research Park, Guildford.
Salary £50k OTE